Celebrating National Heart Month with Heart Healthy Recipes
Heart Month at HackensackUMC kicks off with Nuturition Week. These heart healthy recipes are avaialbe for download here (click on each recipe), and will also be available at our Heart Month resource tables throughout the campus.
Join us at JTCC Cooking Studio at noon on Friday, Feburary 10th, where Laura Coti Garrett will be offering a cooking demonstration of "Three Hearty Soups" recipes.
Check out our Heart Month Calendar of Events for more Heart Healthy activities taking place throughout the month on and around the HackensackUMC campus.
Are you at risk for heart disease?
If you aren't sure, or even if you think you know, then we highly encourage you to utilize our Heart Risk Disease Health Risk Assessment. Awareness of your health is half the battle - you can take this simple online quiz it by visitng:
Find out more about these heart healthy guidelines by visiting American Heart Association.
Did you know?
• Heart disease includes stroke and cardiovascular diseases
• 1 in every 4 deaths are caused by heart disease
• In the United States a heart attack occurs every 34 seconds
• Heart disease is the #1 killer of women
• Symptoms of a heart attack can be different for women:
– 90% of women have one or more risk factors for heart disease
– Fewer women than men survive their first heart attack
• Only 27% of people who have had a heart attack are aware of all the
major symptoms of cardiac arrest
• 47% of Americans have at least one risk factor for heart disease
BUT, Up to 82% of heart disease cases are preventable...